FW: Analysis of Rg's

  • Subject: FW: Analysis of Rg's
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:54:41 -0500
  • reply-to: JDB.Science, LLC.jbdsci@speakeasy.org

From: Jim Zondlo <zondlo@carb.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:35:44 -0500 (EST)
To: <neutron@anl.gov>
Subject: Analysis of Rg's

Hello,

My name is James Zondlo and I was wondering if anyone could comment on
possible reasons for discrepancies in values of Rg calculated from
experimental data using Guinier analysis as opposed to calculating Rg from
P(r).  In my case Rg calculated from Guinier analysis is a significantly
larger value.

Thank you

Comment from sa-scat listserver manager

I would appreciate it if succinct answers to this question could be sent to
the listserver as well as to the person posing the question so that I can be
publish them  for the edification of the entire community.

Thank You

--
Dr. John D. Barnes                      NIST polymer Characterization Group
(retired)