Properties and Characterization of Polymer Blends and Copolymers

  • Subject: Properties and Characterization of Polymer Blends and Copolymers
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:21:30 -0400
Dear Colleagues;

     I would like to call your attention to a mini-symposium to be held
as part of the 2000 ANTEC meeting of the Society of Plastics Engineers.
The topic is as shown in the subject line above. I am trying to help
Peter Kofinas, of The University of Maryland, who is the organizer of
this minisymposium. While this is not strictly a scattering meeting, it
is true that many practitioners of SAS work in the area of polymer
materials science, which is a principalk focus of this meeting, albeit
perhaps from an engineering perspective.

     The meeting will take place between the 7th and the 12th of May 2000
in Orlando, FL.

     The meeting requires submission of an advance abstract in the form
of an "intent to present." Forms and instructions for this can be found
at www.4spe.org. The deadline date is August 17th.

     The meeting publishes a preprint book/CD-ROM for which all speakers
are required to submit a short paper. The deadline for this is early
November.

     Even if you yourself are not interested this is something that is
worth calling to the attention of your studemnts and collaborators.
Thnkis meeting is different from some of the  more academic ones that we
are used to, but I find it very nice to talk to people who may actually
want to use methodology as opposed to just talking about it.

     Thank You for your attention.
..

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas
  or http://polymers.msel.nist.gov/staff/detail.cfm?SID=110