Re: IUCr-Teaching: Summary of the Commissions requests for the

Dear all
I support the idea of proposing Reinhard for the SPC.

concerning the list of starters proposed below, i would add another
topic: creation of a library of video presentation of  basic
crystallographic topics

cheers

Le jeudi, 10 avr 2003, à 11:43 Europe/Zurich, Lachlan Cranswick a écrit
:

> Re the PDF file that was just sent by Dr. Carlo Mealli.
> (moderately repeating a post sent to the Computing Commission)
>
> Some of the other commissions gave some very detailed suggestions for
> symposia.
>
> Should we discuss submitting some tentative titles to Carlo?
>

> Also, for "Suggested Candidates for the Scientific Program Committee" -
> would there be any disagreements putting forward Reinhard to be
> this commission' representative?
>
> ---------
>
> As it is 5am in the morning here and I am probably not at my most
> original
> at this point for suggesting symposia titles - I would like to suggest
> the following starters:
>
> 1. Effective teaching of advanced spacegroup theory and symmetry
> 2. Modern methods of teaching of crystallographic fundamentals
> 3. Computer methods that teach crystallography and not obscure it
> 4. Methods for teaching practical protein crystallography
> 5. Methods for teaching practical powder diffraction
> 6. Methods for teaching practical single crystal methods
> 7. Teaching incommensute methods
> 8. Teaching quasicrystal crystallography
>
> If Reinhard is to be on the program committee - should he have the
> final
> say - so he has something he wants to work with and haggle for slots
> with the programming committee.  Based on what happened to the
> requested
> computing commission symposia at Geneva (only a low priority request
> was
> allocated) - the teaching commission might have to be a bit aggressive
> in
> making sure it is not cut to the point where it is not really got
> anything?
>
> Lachlan.
>
>> Dear Collegue,
>> please find in the attached document a summary of all of the inputs
>> that
>> I have received from the Commisions, up to date. I will appreciate
>> receiving from you any useful integration.
>> Best regards,
>> Dr. Carlo Mealli
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Carlo Mealli
>> ICCOM - CNR
>> Via J. Nardi 39
>> 50132 Firenze, Italia
>> Tel. 0039 055 2346653 Fax 0039 055 2478366
>> Cell Phone 328 8172871
>>

>> Attachment Converted: C:\Eudora\Attach\SecondCall.pdf
>>

> -----------------------
> Lachlan M. D. Cranswick
> 30th March till 5th May 2003 - visiting: Maproom Rm 31
> Geochemistry - Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
> PO Box 1000, 61 Route 9W Palisades, New York 10964-1000 USA
> Tel: (845) 365-8302;  Fax: (845) 365-8155; E-mail:
> l.m.d.cranswick@dl.ac.uk
>
> After 6th May 2003:
> Neutron Program for Materials Research (NPMR),
> National Research Council (NRC),
> [...]

Gervais Chapuis						http://www-sphys.unil.ch/ic

Reply to: [list | sender only]