This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [imgCIF Home Page]

Re: [Imgcif-l] CBF - Adding binary proprietary format header dump

Hi

I don't understand why you'd want to add the binary header, to be
honest. I can see why you might want to have the contents of the
header as an ASCII comment section - but I think this should just be
a check while developing the file format.

Could you elaborate why you'd want it there?

> Hello everyone,
>
> We here would, in fact, like to add our binary header to the CBF file.
> Should that just go into an additional binary section, with MIME
> header
> and all of that?  If so, is there any recommendation as to how we can
> refer to it in the CIF headers so that I can distinguish between the
> binary image data and our binary header data?  My inclination is to
> add
> the ".header_convention" column to my "_array_data" loop and fill
> it in
> with "RAY_1.0" or something like that for the our binary header and
> with
>   an empty value "" for the image data.
>
> e.g. :
>
> loop_
> _array_data.array_id
> _array_data.binary_id
> _array_data.header_convention
> _array_data.data
>   ARRAY1 1 RAY_1.0
> ;
> --CIF-BINARY-FORMAT-SECTION--
> <<MIME header for Rayonix binary header dump>>
> <<Rayonix binary header dump>>
> --CIF-BINARY-FORMAT-SECTION----
> ;
>   ARRAY2 2
> ;
> --CIF-BINARY-FORMAT-SECTION--
> <<MIME header for image binary data>>
> <<Image binary data>>
> --CIF-BINARY-FORMAT-SECTION----
> ;
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Justin Anderson                    Rayonix, LLC (Formerly Mar USA)
> Software Engineer                  justin@rayonix.com
> 1880 Oak Ave. Ste. 120             Evanston, IL, USA 60201
> 877.627.9729                       847.869.1548

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre,
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH