This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [mmCIF Home Page]

Re: A couple of other problems

Paula Fitzgerald (paula_fitzgerald@Merck.Com)
Thu, 5 Oct 95 12:59:02 EDT

Phil Bourne writes:

> 1. _DATABASE_2 has an example with looping over a single name - value
> pair, which I seem to remember we decided was confusing and should not be
> done even though it is not syntactically in error?

This has been fixed.

> 2. There are numerous examples of _category_examples.detail and
>    _category_examples.case with no values of any kind.

Here I wasn't sure if Phil was trying to say that there was a syntactical
problem, or whether we just haven't get gotten around to filling in examples
everywhere we would like to have them.

I scanned through the dictionary and I couldn't find any cases where there
wasn't at least a place holder for an example (that is to say, I couldn't see
any syntactical problems).  But there are indeed many places where we need to
add meaningful examples.  We will get to this after the dictionary content
issues settle a little more.

Paula

 Dr. Paula M. D. Fitzgerald  ______________ voice and FAX: (908) 594-5510
   Merck Research Laboratories ______________ email: paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
     P.O. Box 2000, Ry50-105     ______________ or bean@merck.com
       Rahway, NJ 07065  USA
         (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)