This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [mmCIF Home Page]

Re: types not specified

Paula Fitzgerald (paula_fitzgerald@Merck.Com)
Mon, 11 Mar 96 21:03:48 EST

Hello again -

Herb Bernstein writes:

> It looks like types were not specified for:
> _chem_comp_link.type_comp_1, _chem_comp_link.type_comp_2,
> _struct_ref_seq.seq_align_beg, _struct_ref_seq.seq_align_end,
> _struct_ref_seq_dif.seq_num

I checked these data items, and it is true that types are not specified.  But
these data items are all children pointing to their parent data items, and
the style we have established in the dictionary is that we provide place
holders for the children, but that those place holders only have _item.name
and _item_mandatory.code specifiers.  Ergo, these data items inherit
their type from their parent, but we do not specify that in the same frame
for each of them.

Paula

 Dr. Paula M. D. Fitzgerald  ______________ voice and FAX: (908) 594-5510
   Merck Research Laboratories ______________ email: paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
     P.O. Box 2000, Ry50-105     ______________ or bean@merck.com
       Rahway, NJ 07065  USA
         (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)