On the coverImages taken from the January 2008 issue of Acta Cryst. Section A (journals.iucr.org/a), a special issue to celebrate 60 years of Acta Crystallographica and the IUCr, which has also been published as a hardback book, Crystallography Across the Sciences 2 (left).
Clockwise starting at the top left:
- Two-dimensional image of a yeast cell. Hue represents the phase and brightness the amplitude of the X-ray exit wave. (D. Sayre, pp. 33–35)
- The calculated anisotropic distribution of the intensity of polarized neutrons scattered by dynamically polarized protons of a bis-substituted oxochromate. (H. Stuhrmann, pp. 181–191)
- The complex aluminum shell from the double-Mackay cluster in the approximant cP138-α-Al–Mn–Si. (W. Steurer & S. Deloudi, pp.1–11)
- First Congress and General Assembly of the IUCr, Harvard, USA, July 28–August 3, 1948. (Photo from the collection of R.C. Evans)
- Solvent channels in hen egg white lysozyme crystals. The figure shows the linear solvent channel which traverses the crystal. The protein is represented as a main-chain ribbon model. (I. Margiolaki & J.P. Wright, pp. 169–180)
Editorial and production
Judith L. Flippen-Anderson, William L. Duax Editors
Patricia Coley Newsletter Design & Production
Jane Griffin Assistant Editor
A.Arakcheeva, P. Colombi, L. Cranswick, J. Dik, C.J. Gilmore, J.R. Helliwell, B. Kennedy, H.G. Kruger, R. Moukhametzianov, C. Murdy, M. Nespolo, A. Sharpe, H. Tanaka, A. Thalal, P. Thuéry.