This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [mmCIF Home Page]

Re: typo and inconsistency

Paula Fitzgerald (paula_fitzgerald@Merck.Com)
Wed, 1 Nov 95 15:42:51 EST

Frances Bernstein writes:

> I was looking at database information in mmCIF and found the following typo
> and inconsistency:
>
> 1. DATEBASE_NEW should be DATABASE_NEW in the following:
>
> ;              Data items in the DATABASE category have been supercedes by
>                data items in the DATEBASE_NEW category.  They are included
>                here only for compliance with older files.
>
> 2. I then realized that DATABASE_NEW is used in text and in the list of
>    changes at the end but the items appear to have database_2 as part of
>    their names rather than database_new.  This needs to be made consistent
>    with one name or the other through the document.

How right you are - and I thought I had caught all of these before.  I have
fixed this, and the only occurrence of DATABASE_NEW is now in the audit
trail, where logically it does belong.

Paula

 Dr. Paula M. D. Fitzgerald  ______________ voice and FAX: (908) 594-5510
   Merck Research Laboratories ______________ email: paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
     P.O. Box 2000, Ry50-105     ______________ or bean@merck.com
       Rahway, NJ 07065  USA
         (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)