This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [mmCIF Home Page]

Re: PHASING categories and data names

Jiansheng Jiang (jiang@bach.pdb.bnl.gov)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:50:17 -0500

Dear Paula,

Thank you very much for the responds and historical
information.  Since Joel asks me to deal with
the release of Structure Factors, I have to
clean up the differences between the mmCIF
and the PDB subset.  As you know, once the
SF data had been released, the changes
in the released SF data would cause problems
and would impact to the user community.
We will develop the policy for dealing with
such changes.

I will discuss your information with Joel
and collegues.  Hope we will work
more closely on the mmCIF for SF.

regards,
jiang.

paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
>      P.O. Box 2000, Ry50-105     ______________ or bean@merck.com
>        Rahway, NJ 07065  USA
>          (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)
>-- End of excerpt from Paula Fitzgerald

Jiansheng Jiang Ph.D.          |
Protein Data Bank              | Phone: (516) 344-6388
Biology Department, Bldg 463   | Fax:   (516) 344-5751
Brookhaven National Laboratory | mailto://jiang@bnl.gov
Upton NY 11973-5000, USA       | http://www.pdb.bnl.gov/~jiang