This is an archive copy of the IUCr web site dating from 2008. For current content please visit https://www.iucr.org.
[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page] [mmCIF Home Page]

Missing mandatory code

Paula Fitzgerald (paula_fitzgerald@Merck.Com)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:19:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi there -

Peter Keller writes:

> _diffrn_refln.wavelengh_id is missing _item.mandatory_code
> (and _item.category_id wouldn't do any harm either).

You are right about the missing mandatory code.  This data item is a pointer
to its parent, and we have made it the style of this dictionary to restate
the _item.mandatory_code for such data items, despite the fact that it has
already been given in the tree attached to the parent data items.  But we
has also made it our style not to add the _item.category_id.

Hence, the action I have taken is to add the _item.mandatory_code but not
add the _item.category_id.

Thanks for finding this - Paula

 Dr. Paula M. D. Fitzgerald  ______________ voice and FAX: (908) 594-5510
   Merck Research Laboratories ______________ email: paula_fitzgerald@merck.com
     P.O. Box 2000, Ry50-105     ______________ or bean@merck.com
       Rahway, NJ 07065  USA
         (for express mail use 126 E. Lincoln Ave. instead of P. O. Box 2000)