bug reports requested

  • Subject: bug reports requested
  • From: "Brian H. Toby" <brian.toby@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:02:29 -0500
In preparation for the Vol G. CDROM, I have updated my CIFTOOLS (CIFEDIT
& pdCIFplot). To make installation easier, I now have system-specific
releases for Windows, Mac, SGI & Linux that include Tcl/Tk.  (N.B. other
platforms are probably possible, if needed.) This version allows for
convenient access to CIF multiple dictionaries -- you can even keep
around multiple versions of the same dictionary and select the
dictionary(s) you wish to use at run time. However, I distribute only
the latest versions of all the CIF dictionaries here.

I would love to hear of problems in this release now (as opposed to
after the CDROM is frozen), so I'd like to enlist the help of any of you
who are willing to read through the installation instructions and try it
out on your system.

Installation instructions:
http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/xtal/software/cif/ciftools.html

An overview of the programs: http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/xtal/software/cif/

The distributions are:
ftp://ftp.ncnr.nist.gov/pub/cryst/cif/ciftools.exe (Windows)
ftp://ftp.ncnr.nist.gov/pub/cryst/cif/ciftools.dmg (Mac)
ftp://ftp.ncnr.nist.gov/pub/cryst/cif/ciftools_Linux.tar.gz (Intel-Linux)
ftp://ftp.ncnr.nist.gov/pub/cryst/cif/ciftools_SGI.tar.gz (MIPS-IRIX)
(Also on CCP14).

Brian H. Toby, Ph.D.                    Leader, Crystallography Team
Brian.Toby@NIST.gov      NIST Center for Neutron Research, Stop 8563
voice: 301-975-4297     National Institute of Standards & Technology
FAX: 301-921-9847                        Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8563
                http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/xtal