Advisory Committees of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee establishes Sub-committees to assist it in its work.
The following Committees are active:
- Meeting Support Committee
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Committee for financial support of meetings.
- Committee on Data (CommDat)
- Provides a coordinating and advisory role regarding data.
- Committee for the Maintenance of the CIF Standard (COMCIFS)
- Maintains the integrity of the Crystallographic Information Framework (CIF) on behalf of the IUCr.
- IUCr/OUP Book Series
- Recommends new book publications to the IUCr Executive Committee and the Delegates of Oxford University Press.
- Gender Equity and Diversity Committee
- Establishes new practices and policies to overcome inequity in the IUCr's processes.
The following Committees have been subsumed into CommDat:
- Committee on Electronic Publishing, Dissemination and Storage of Information
- Provided advice on all aspects of electronic publication and internet services. (1993-2009)
- Diffraction Data Deposition Working Group
- Surveyed the need for deposition of raw data sets and recommended community actions. (2011-2017)
- Committee on Crystallographic Databases
- Provided a forum for database representatives to liaise with the IUCr. (1996-2009)