Commission on Crystallography of Materials
- Changqing Jin (Chair, People's Republic of China)
- A. Abakumov (Russia)
- V.A. Blatov (Russia)
- Y. Gogotsi (USA)
- C. Grey (UK)
- H. Hosono (Japan)
- S. Pan (People's Republic of China)
- M. Petrukhina (USA)
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
Terms of reference
The Commission on Crystallography of Materials was established ad interim by the Executive Committee at its meeting in Boston 2012 and confirmed at the Hyderabad General Assembly in August 2017. Its remit is:
- To organize Keynote Lectures, symposia and workshops (also in collaboration with other Commissions) on the hottest topics at the crossroads between crystallography and materials science, and raise the presence of materials scientists at crystallographic meetings.
- To strengthen the links and interactions among crystallographers and materials scientists, solid-state physicists and chemists.
- To organize workshops to increase crystallographic proficiency of materials scientists and physicists, and to train a new generation of crystallographers working in various fields of materials science.
- To promote scientific collaboration and mobility of scientists across these disciplines.
- To spearhead the recognition of crystallography as an interdisciplinary science (not just as a technique or as a tool).
- To encourage the publication of materials science research in the journals of the Union.
- Finally, the Commission will act in accordance with the general statement of principles regarding Commissions of the IUCr.