[Fwd: Z']

  • To: corecifchem@iucr.org
  • Subject: [Fwd: Z']
  • From: Howard Flack <crystal@flack.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:29:42 +0200
FYI to prove people are still interested in Z'
     H.

  • To: Howard Flack <Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch>
  • Subject: Z'
  • From: "Mátyás Czugler Dr." <czugler@chemres.hu>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:17:59 +0000
Dear Howard,
a good time has elapsed as we last talked to each other. Maybe this Florence
meeting will give another chance.
But now I am after a handy Z' definition ... as I am dwelling on this subject
and can no longer find a very plausible defintion once I had at adebate on a
CCDC page.
I am a sort of lazy thus I looked up the IUCr webpages and found some
correspondence of you with David Drown. No further information as to what
became of these exchanges between you and David.

My questions then:
Did  DMG has finally settled a definition for Z'?
Have you ever considered introducing a Z'' term? (as put forward some two
years ago by Jon Steed)

With best wishes,
Matyas