Chemistry Preprint Server wound up

  • To: epc@iucr.org
  • Subject: Chemistry Preprint Server wound up
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:33:58 +0100
For your information (from the chemweb.com web site):

  IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

  We regret to announce that the Chemistry Preprint Server (CPS) has stopped
  accepting new submissions from 24 May 2004.

  The CPS will remain a freely available and permanent web archive for those
  chemistry research articles already submitted.

  Please continue to browse and search through the 888 articles submitted
  between July 2000 and May 2004.

  Despite the wide readership of CPS preprints, the chemistry community has
  unfortunately not contributed articles or online comments to this service
  in sufficient numbers to justify further development. The decision has
  therefore been taken to stop the processing of any further submissions.

  We sincerely thank the many enthusiastic supporters of the CPS, notably
  the contributing authors who have chosen to highlight their work via this
  medium. We also thank the advisory board for their guidance. Elsevier has
  been pleased to support this pioneering initiative from its inception.

  Best wishes with your research!

  The CPS Team
  preprint@chemweb.com

  last updated 30 April 2004/15:14