contribution to working group (fwd)

Dear Jean-Claude,

	Thank you for your contribution to the discussion on phase
identifiers.  I am hoping some of the other members will come up with
their opening statements before we settle down to fixing an agenda.

	The reason your message was returned is that you used the wrong
address.  As I pointed out earlier, the address originally distributed:
phase-transitions@iucr.org is wrong.  The correct address is
phase-identifiers@iucr.org.  This was an understandable slip given the
close connection between phase transitions and the symbols needed to
identify the phases involved.  In order to get your comments on the
record I have copied your message below.

	Perhaps everyone could check their address lists to make sure they
have the correct name for our list server.

			Best wishes

				David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca