Phase Identifiers 2 (fwd)

Dear Friends,

	The message I have copied below was sent to you over a month ago.
I have received one response, but that was only to say that the recipient
was too busy to provide an immediate reply.

	While I am quite happy to lead this discussion, I do need some
sort of feed back from those of you who agreed to address the task of
identifying crystallographic phases in different databases.  All of you
have some experience in this area, but unless we can draw on that
expertise to generate a discussion of the issues and elicit some creative
suggestions, we are unlikely to make any progress.  While I appreciate
that we are all busy, we have all agreed that we would contribute to this
discussion.

	Can you please find a short time to review the document copied
below and let the group have your response, even if it is only to say that
you think we are on the right track.

	I am looking forward to hearing your views.

			David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca