Re: Revised draft of CIF 1.1 syntax document

  • Subject: Re: Revised draft of CIF 1.1 syntax document
  • From: "Herbert J. Bernstein" <yaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:51:23 +0100 (BST)
I would for one suggest we allow (but not require) the use of stop_

On the semicolon question:

I would suggest we gain the most flexibility by saying that

'foo'

is equivalent to

;foo
;

since we still can represent 'foo\n'

by

;foo

;

If we were to say that

'foo\n'

is equivalent to

;foo
;

then we would be encouraging use of something like

;foo\
;

for an equivalent to 'foo'

Regards,