Re: bug reports requested

  • Subject: Re: bug reports requested
  • From: "Brian H. Toby" <brian.toby@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:48:58 -0500
Thanks Lachlan!

 > One nuance - when I change directory from the samples directory and load
 > a CIF - on loading a second CIF - it goes back to the samples directory.

The routines have been changed to change the working directory to match
that of where the CIF is located-- this should be more convenient when
saving files, storing error messages, etc. N.B. On Windows, the program
will always start in the samples directory, unless you change the icon
properties.

 > When I take an ordinary single crystal CIF and try to validate it -
 > nothing seems to happen. Should this be the case?

A "no errors" window is now created.

 > CIFEDIT crashes when I try loading the example NIST.cif file. Should
 > the other CIF files in the examples validate cleanly?

Oops! This seems to be a windows-specific problem: some of my sloppy
coding caused the program to hang until you pressed OK on a dialog that
in windows you could not see. This is fixed.

The distributions have been updated: