Re: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
- Subject: Re: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
- From: James Hester <jamesrhester@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:41:01 +1000
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025;h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to;bh=hFU0m8a0dlZDe67/BgCy8AIkTg5fItIRYkQXMtB5Foc=;b=LRK83PpC7yiUlXRTio0599oGR6BDwTBvFT/1vcWbHTtTPJ+FDwh33mdiqVonerpRtUU0pkUsJ2PPOL9MATv3u6KYr/z8wPfn+86+QlsWGl8OWQ8zSJfIzBHYjS8ZUzZ0wo+Z9rNHIYNcbQ3cbYmgTPUJffhSe3dN9Uei1e9a76bT+Ux/w0N3djSnRwZlPp15ON2BHiyaIF4muf6hR9iStReByhxwleXDh0SnYtHxLrxgYNyEEEjprrQz2gU/QUJ7X5sTi5cvq1HRP5OE/h4lbpi69KqZIIxuJGRcb0wMzugo9hMLLDWMVw/4UTuL1uZMFDH1yuPIh+kvPyJNebfBQA==
- In-Reply-To: <MWHPR04MB05129807DEA569D0FFEDB023E0C20@MWHPR04MB0512.namprd04.prod.outlook.com>
- References: <CAM+dB2fYaa-cWgSsygz9G5ZgQpCtoZyCdamk0umE0FLnEOPoWQ@mail.gmail.com><MWHPR04MB05129807DEA569D0FFEDB023E0C20@MWHPR04MB0512.namprd04.prod.outlook.com>
Dear CIF Developers,
I’ve got this. In fact, here’s a first draft:
1. This schema is itself valid against the latest draft (#6) of the JSON metaschema, as indeed it declares of itself. At this time, however, there is not yet a final specification for JSON schema.
2. I have specified the schema’s "id" URI as "http://www.iucr.org/
resources/cif/cif-json.json", which differs slightly from the schema URI presented in the example accompanying the CIF-JSON specification, and I have furthermore specified in the schema that this revised URI is the one that should be presented in instance documents as the "schema-uri" metadata item (when that is present).
3. This schema does not -- and as far as I can determine *cannot* -- express the requirement that various CIF identifier strings be presented in Unicode case-normal form. I provide a considerably weaker criterion.
5. This schema validates the defined Metadata properties, but also allows arbitrary Metadata properties. This is open to discussion -- it would not be hard for the schema to instead permit only the four specification-defined properties.
6. The specification says that the "schema-version" metadata item expresses a version number conforming to semantic versioning. Accordingly, the schema requires the value of this item to be a dot-delimited triplet of non-negative integers without leading zeroes. The example CIF accompanying the specification is not valid against the schema in this respect.
You can test this schema or your own at https://jsonschemalint.com/
John C. Bollinger, Ph.D.
Computing and X-Ray Scientist
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
(901) 595-3166 [office]
From: cif-developers [mailto:cif-developers-
firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of James Hester
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:52 AM
To: Forum for CIF software developers <email@example.com>
Subject: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
Dear CIF Developers,
COMCIFS have not so far raised any technical criticisms of our CIF-JSON document, which is a good sign that it will be approved without change once the 6-week comment period expires. Given that it is unlikely to change, would anyone here like to now volunteer to put together a JSON schema for the standard?
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/
cif-developers mailing list
F +61 (02) 9717 3145
M +61 (04) 0249 4148
_______________________________________________ cif-developers mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cif-developers
Reply to: [list | sender only]
- Re: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON? (Marcin Wojdyr)
- Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON? (James Hester)
- RE: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON? (Bollinger, John C)
- Prev by Date: RE: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
- Next by Date: RE: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
- Prev by thread: RE: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?
- Next by thread: Re: Anyone want to write a JSON schema for CIF-JSON?