Re: [Cif2-encoding] Splitting of imgCIF and other sub-topics. .. .

The original concept was to edit the non UTF8 files in the text editor
of choice, then run a simple checksumming application (that
understands CIF2 syntax) to update the checksum.  This application
would also pick out sections of text that would be displayed
incorrectly in the wrong encoding, and ask the user to confirm that
the text was displayed correctly.  Such an application could be made
freely available by the IUCr.