(24) Notice of circulation of draft powder dictionary

  • To: COMCIFS@uk.ac.iucr
  • Subject: (24) Notice of circulation of draft powder dictionary
  • From: bm@uk.ac.iucr (Brian McMahon)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 11:53:19 BST
Dear Colleagues

24.1 CIF powder dictionary
--------------------------
In an accompanying e-mail you will find Brian Toby's powder extension
dictionary for your review. According to our rules of procedure, you
should give your approval (or not) for this to be circulated within the
relevant community for general review. Your approval should be given within
four weeks (i.e. by August 4). However, Brian is anxious to give this
version wide circulation at an early opportunity, so it would be very much
appreciated if you could look at this sooner rather than later. David (who
will be away for three weeks) has already given his approval.

Some technical matters involving the adoption of the new DDL will have to
be addressed before the final version is prepared, but this is the same for
all the dictionaries, and so should not be a matter for substantial comment
in this context. I shall report on some of the new DDL issues in my next
circular, early next week.

Regards
Brian