Via Alex: Computing School in Japan, 2008 (fwd)

  • To: compcomm-l@iucr.org (IUCr Computing Commission Members List)
  • Subject: Via Alex: Computing School in Japan, 2008 (fwd)
  • From: "L. Cranswick" <lzc@dl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:38:09 +0100 (BST)

Via Alessandro

-----------------------

Dear all,

I agree with Lachlan that for practical reasons the combination
school+conference in Osaka is probably the best solution.
We have to make sure to have the necessary local support though. Do you
foresee any problem with it?

The suggestion of the topic "bringing together new and established
crystallographic software authors" seems quite exciting to me.
Minor remark: I will also open a little room to crystallographer
software-users who are willing to make or suggest change or improvement to
some existing codes but are not capable to do it themselves. Maybe just
some flashes (20 min) during the school?

cheers

Alessandro