Approval requested for CIF Core 2.1

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Approval requested for CIF Core 2.1
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:52:04 GMT
Dear Colleagues

Following the completion of additions to the Core from the draft modulated
structures dictionary, I think the time is now ripe for release of a new
version of the Core dictionary, to be numbered 2.1. I should be grateful if
you would review the dictionary, currently to be found at
   ftp://ftp.iucr.org/cifdics/cif_core_2.1beta5.dic
and in formatted PostScript or pdf versions from
   ftp://ftp.iucr.org/cifdics/cif_core_2.1beta5.ps
   ftp://ftp.iucr.org/cifdics/cif_core_2.1beta5.pdf
and let me know whether you are happy that this revision should be submitted
to COMCIFS for formal approval. (These files can also be accessed by a web
browser from the coreCIF home page
   http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/cif/cif_core/index.html
and mirrors, appearing within the next day or two).

I shall also mail paper copies of the formatted document to everyone (note
that the page layout is rather poor, but will be revised if the draft is
accepted). I request that any comments arising from this draft be posted
to the list for open discussion by 15 January. If there are no major
problems, I shall then submit the draft to COMCIFS by the end of January.

With best wishes for the festive season,