Re: proposal for valence items

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: proposal for valence items
  • From: Howard Flack <Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:59:06 +0100 (BST)
Dear David and Coredmg,

>         I would appreciates any comments.  If none are forthcoming, I will
> seek approval of the DMG for this extension, so it is important
> that any concerns be voiced as soon as possible.

  Your e-mail about bond valences brought back to my mind that we just
made it into print with 'Reporting and evaluating absolute-structure and
absolute-configuration determinations.' by H. D. Flack and G.
Bernardinelli (2000). J. Appl. Cryst. 33, 1143-1148.
Journals web site:     http://www.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?ks0021
E-offprint:
http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/reprints/ks0021.pdf

  and that the details of the evaluation criteria in the Core dict do
not now correspond exactly to those in the 'final' published version of
the paper. If you are seeking to change the core dict. and are making
people vote on it, I would like to shoulder in with some modifications
for my AS and AC stuff.

  I rely on you to nag me into action if things slip my memory.

Best wishes,
  H.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: 41 (22) 702 62 49