CIF dimensionless units

  • To: coredmg@iucr.org
  • Subject: CIF dimensionless units
  • From: Howard Flack <crystal@flack.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:22:54 +0200
David, Brian:

    I'm just preparing four proposed items for the CIFcore dictionnary.

    The DDL1 core dictionnary does not give any clue about how to
indicate the units of dimensionless quantities. Is there any official
policy?  I remember reading in the thick wad of papers that execsec
distributes for the general assembly that the BIPM is discussing a
proposition allowing dimensionless quantities to have an official SI "unit".

H.