Re: Draft CIF dictionary for rgid body description

Dear George,

   I am the guilty party who raised the question of describing a
the common atom case.

   The question for a dictionary is not whether the case is encountered
very often, but whether there is any need for it at all.  The common atom
case is not likely to encountered often, but, as you note, it is does
happen in special cases.  Having the ability to handle this case in the
dictionary takes nothing away from the ability to handle
the more frequently encountered rigid-body cases.  Having the ability
to describe this case does not imply that any particular software
package need handle it.  However, it would seem to be
desirable to be able to describe the common atom case in the dictionary,
so that when the need does arise, we will have some clear, agreed
terminology to use.

   Regards,
     Herbert