RE: CCDC/IUCr journals recommendation 1: Recognition of scientistsresponsible for data collection

  • To: "james.r.hester@gmail.com" <james.r.hester@gmail.com>, Distribution listof the IUCr COMCIFS Core Dictionary Maintenance Group <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: RE: CCDC/IUCr journals recommendation 1: Recognition of scientistsresponsible for data collection
  • From: Natalie Johnson via coreDMG <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 10:58:31 +0000
  • Cc: Natalie Johnson <njohnson@ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;d=ccdccamacuk.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector2-ccdccamacuk-onmicrosoft-com;h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck;bh=7L3r7B95zvr1NJBhcs0w85G2c63YovWjnL0vR3tY4jA=;b=RHjrZ8Qn8whQXOx8NyC2s1u5F9LGVzQEP9WONJKh3vjRPIRCvQmfjFa5UZJ5DvoPi9RJgQ7fJAj40GT7pwCDDSbR5E1w1ICplGYu+RU+Uz4QtkuG0Bu8CYOjG53+VgJRNxsErgb2ljmz22gIYAC/zOH5HnA+eLVFdALTezVO2do=

We have had some discussions on these points at CCDC.

On point 3), currently CCDC uses audit_contact_author to record the information for the crystallographer, provided to us during the deposition process and at this moment in time we only store one name in this field. We have had requests from our depositors to make it possible to have/store multiple crystallographers and this is something we could develop in our systems in the future. The CCDC could use both audit_contact_author and audit_author with some development.

4) I would also be happy to help with providing appropriate descriptors for the roles.

Best wishes,

Natalie