[dddwg] COMCIFS Symposium at ECM28

  • To: dddwg@iucr.org
  • Subject: [dddwg] COMCIFS Symposium at ECM28
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:47:50 +0100
Dear Fellow Members of the DDDWG

John Helliwell has quite properly reminded me that I have been remiss
in not alerting members of the Diffraction Data Deposition Working
Group to the satellite Symposium of next month's European
Crystallographic Meeting at the University of Warwick. The Symposium
has the general title of

      "Crystallographic Information and Data Management"

and surveys many of the aspects of publishing, data management, validation
and archiving, and quality maintenance in both databases and journals.
John will give a presentation on "Deposition and use of raw diffraction
images". There are a number of other presentations that might be of
interest to this group.

A preliminary programme can be found at

    http://www.iucr.org/resources/cif/comcifs/symposium-2013

There is no fee to attend the Symposium, but people wishing to attend
should register for the event as part of the online registration process
for ECM28, if they plan to attend the whole meeting; or by writing to
Northern Networking, who are managing the ECM and associated events,
at ecm28@northernnetworking.co.uk

I look forward to seeing many of you there!

Best regards