[dddwg] Thankyou for all your helpful comments....

  • To: IUCr Working Group on Diffraction data Deposition <dddwg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [dddwg] Thankyou for all your helpful comments....
  • From: John Helliwell <john.helliwell@manchester.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:48:46 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for all your helpful comments and inputs for our slides at
BCA2016. There is obviously considerable interest with hundreds of
downloads of the pdf from the IUCr Forum (currently 257)!

We realise there is one question put to us, by Loes on IUCrData, which
we have not answered. IUCrData will certainly allow authors to link to
raw data sets. Suffice to say that exact IUCrData expansion plans are
still under discussion but that its role in publishing electronic
crystal structure 'data articles' shows every sign of thriving,
as you can see at the IUCrData website.

Finally to mention that we have submitted an abstract for the Education
and Teaching Microsymposium at ECM in Basle, which we attach, and will
be of interest to you.

All best wishes,
John and Brian

Emeritus Prof of Chemistry John R Helliwell DSc_Physics
Perspectives in Crystallography

ECM30 abstract Helliwell and McMahon.pdf