Re: [ddlm-group] Use of elides in strings

OK, fair enough.  Just to clarify, I am not advocating the full
repertoire of backslash elides, only two specific ones:
backslash would simply leave that backslash untouched.

Would suggesting that the cut-and-pasters restrict themselves to
semicolon-delimited strings or triple-quote delimited strings help
with legacy issues?

Anyway, let us await the opinions of our Western Hemisphere colleagues...