Re: [ddlm-group] Use of elides in strings

The outstanding issue seems to be around where in the process these
elides get stripped; Herb and John argue that it should be possible to
do this in an optional way at the dictionary stage.  As I've already
indicated, I don't think that it is that straightforward.