Re: [ddlm-group] Space as a list item separator

I am agnostic on this, but note the 'seq' type in DDL1 _type_conditions:

http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/cifdic_html/1/ddl_core.dic/Itype_conditions.html

and the consequent appearance of comma-delimited lists in certain STAR
files (specifically MIF, the molecular information file). I know MIF
is little used, though I believe CCDC generate MIF files in some
circumstances.  Anyway, that would tend to nudge me towards preferring
both space and comma in the CIF world.

I guess a corollary of having both is to reinforce the earlier conclusion
that [1,2,,4] (meant to imply some sort of NULL value for a third list
element) is an error.

Brian