Re: [ddlm-group] options/text vs binary/end-of-line. .. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. .. .

We have no need to disallow the previous set of 'encodings'.  Such
markup is relevant to a different level of the specification, as John
B points out.  How the contents of any given datavalue are dealt with
is a dictionary-level concern.