From: ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org [mailto:ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org] On Behalf Of James Hester
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:52 PM
To: ddlm-group
Subject: [ddlm-group] Updated draft from subgroup discussing encodings. .

Dear DDLm group,

The encoding group that was split off this group and tasked with
developing a mutually satisfactory approach to encodings in CIF2 has
now produced an updated draft of the CIF2 'changes' document.  Brian
has posted this on the IUCr website at
http://www.iucr.org/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/41911/cif2_syntax_changes_jrh20101005.pdf
The changes relative to the July draft are in section 2 describing the
character set, and some additional text in section 1.

Once we resolve the string concatenation operator issue, I think we
are in good shape to take CIF2 to COMCIFS for approval.  I would once
again urge anybody with any outstanding issues regarding DDLm or dREL
to bring those issues up as soon as possible.

James.