Re: [ddlm-group] Revisiting list delimiters. .

Having already done the code for essentially those
productions in the current release of CBFlib, for me,
it is less work to adapt to James' productions for CIF2
than to disable the use of commas, so for me accepting
Nick's lists as valid is easier that making them into
a syntax error.

CIF has a long tradition of liberal parsers for reads of
CIFs, accepting a wide variety of alternate presentations
of the same information, and writers that produce nice
neat, human readable versions.  I think James' proposal
is completely consistent with that tradition.

Rather than a long repeat of the earlier discussion.  I
would suggest simply voting on James' productions independent
of the more difficult issue of any additional semantic
restrictions (e.g. what should be rejected on read as an error
even though it conforms to the productions, or what
should be accepted on read, but not written by a conformant
writer).  If the productions are acceptable, then it is
worth having the more detailed discussion.  If the productions
are not acceptable, there is no point in discussing the
rest.

As you can tell, I am in favor of James' productions.