[ddlm-group] DDLm update

  • To: ddlm-group <ddlm-group@iucr.org>
  • Subject: [ddlm-group] DDLm update
  • From: James Hester <jamesrhester@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:37:02 +1000
  • DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113;h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=OqGwdj5xCUWfRJe1WjtY4srjaG22isLaQdB17pOK8w0=;b=UdGBo8QtazYz+5CQA3hNZW5jI7q8h4YCWGKUTEA+lQe1IAsFX/we4S3FCSA6BypiKUmwLkS6ibdntLUC2NpITGpPo/Fvuc6S+0M2EN7uHH7TUhnBifaea/oSOPgzZLz2YJmzRkA78TKgXmIjuNSCO0mHjhq1ccaw/KvozXRYfQxPrVU89MFtBh3UG2sKJhJWAUvVekT6TzIoDelIF84K6/MZLj47hqE6Udxx8ESMFPtnOIi+c3dh0cLBw3QM1mIFi12ezI18GWjBNhmrYfZ3b2o77X+VK1ggaEhUZk65geep88w9r1dxkSPESwf7lgiNbhZYUQzQ87bF2SnqotWXLw==
Dear DDLm group,

(A version of the following update was originally sent to the DDLm group in January, but the IUCr server appears to have been malfunctioning.)

This is a belated update on the progress of the DDL2/DDLm harmonisation work initiated at the Montreal meeting. John Westbrook, Herbert Bernstein and myself had a Skype meeting in mid-September where we agreed:

(1) Not to use syntactically nested save frames in DDLm dictionaries (note this does not affect any semantic relationships, including those between categories and items)

(2) To add a new looped dataname, '_category_key.name', which lists in a loop the keys of a category.

(3) To remove _category.key_list (which fulfills an identical function to (2) in a different way)

This concludes the first step of the harmonisation work.  Any further changes to DDLm will be additions rather than alterations.

I have updated the "ddl.dic" file (which defines DDLm) in the COMCIFS Github repository to make the above changes. It has also been converted to CIF2 syntax.  The current version is available at:

https://github.com/COMCIFS/cif_core/blob/master/ddl.dic

all the best,
James Hester