Re: [Fwd: June news]

> Howard, try this: instead of "Forward"ing such a message as an attachment,
> "Bounce" it instead. In this way it will appear to the mail system as if
> it
> were the original message, i.e. not as a Sun-flavoured attachment. I think
> Sun mailtool supports "bounce"; if not, mutt certainly does.

  I think I'm not using the e-mail system that you imagine that I use.
My 'terminal' is a Windows NT pc. I use Netscape 4.7 on the pc to read
and send my e-mail. I pick up my mail using POP3 from
mail.cryst.unige.ch where messages for Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch are
directed. The smtp server for sending mail is also mail.cryst.unige.ch .
At my side of the business, my e-mails do not see a Sun system at all.
However in reality I have no idea what hardware or operating system or
software is used by the one machine which masquerades as mail.*.unige.ch
. It seems to be highly specialized as one can only communicate with it
by way of POP3 or IMAP4 (no telnet or ftp or anything else.) If you
would like to know what it is exactly, the best idea is to mail
postmaster@unige.ch .

  Netscape does not seem to have a 'bounce' option. What is offered is:
    Forward as Inline
    Forward as Quoted
    Forward as Attachment

  The button I have always used, probably corresponds to 'Forward' .
Maybe there are other options somewhere in Netscape but I've no idea
where.  I'll forward again the message from ICSTI with the *.doc
attachment using each of the above four options in turn.

 Here goes,
   H.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: +41 22 702 62 49