[Fwd: News just in from NFAIS]

Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.

--Boundary_(ID_whiSo9fDIvpj0F4OUbrsCg)

--

Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html

--Boundary_(ID_whiSo9fDIvpj0F4OUbrsCg)

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:52:58 +0100
From: Barry Mahon <mahons1@EIRCOM.NET>
Subject: News just in from NFAIS
Sender: ICSTI-L list <ICSTI-L@DTIC.MIL>
Approved-by: crandall@DTIC.MIL
To: ICSTI-L@DTIC.MIL

SEPTEMBER 9, 2002

I am writing to inform you that Dan Duncan will resign his position as
Executive Director of NFAIS, effective October 31, 2002.

During Dan's tenure as Executive Director, NFAIS has undergone significant
changes and improvements, including the creation of a new mission statement,
logo, web site, and electronic version of the NFAIS Newsletter.

These efforts, along with additional programming and a successful Annual
Conference, have both offered additional opportunities for members to exchange
important information about our industry and have enhanced NFAIS'
reputation as a leading organization within the information community.

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I want to thank Dan for his hard work
at NFAIS and  express my best wishes to Dan in his future plans.

A Search Committee has been formed to find a new experienced and skilled
Executive Director of NFAIS.  We are currently in discussions with several
very qualified candidates to lead NFAIS.

Lastly, the Board is also working on plans to restructure NFAIS dues for
next year, institute a new public relations effort to bring greater exposure
to NFAIS members, and offer even more opportunities to benefit our members.  As
these efforts go forward, I will keep you informed.

Very Truly Yours,

Dr. Michael W. Dennis
NFAIS President

Special Assistant to the Director of CAS Chemical Abstracts Service

--Boundary_(ID_whiSo9fDIvpj0F4OUbrsCg)--