[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reply to: [list | sender only]
EPC-L: IUCr journal articles where copyright is not transferred??
- To: "IUCr Committee on Electronic Publishing, Dissemination and Storage of Information" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: EPC-L: IUCr journal articles where copyright is not transferred??
- From: Lachlan Cranswick <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:57:55 -0500
Hi All, This might be an inappropriate forum(?) but the following also includes electronic reproducion, and future styles of publishing, whatever they might be. Currently the IUCr allows Crown-copyright to be maintained for a journal article submitted by a government employee (have used it myself as a Canadian government employee). But there seems to be no signed transfer of rights to the IUCr as occurs with the standard IUCr copyright signover. So the IUCr is guaranteed all the required reproduction rights for these articles (including electronic reproduction in current and "future forms") does there need to be a similar sign-over document for government employees to sign over these reproduction rights, while technicially the author's employer (the government) still has the copyright)? ---------- Should (can?) the IUCr also be requesting/specifying exclusive reproduction rights for the articles? Even though the copyright is not being transferred. --------- Currently, there is also no copyright statement reproduced on these types of articles in the IUCr journals. Does there need to be a copyright statement to the effect (or some such legally kosher text): "Copyright 'required text here', with reproduction rights assigned to the IUCr." ??? Lachlan ----------------------- Lachlan M. D. Cranswick Contact outside working hours / Coordonnees en dehors des heures de travail: NEW E-mail / courriel: lc *at* bluehaze.com.au Home Tel: (613) 584-4226 ; Cell/mobile: (613) 401-6254 WWW: http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/ P.O. Box 2057, Deep River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1P0 (please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any messages, please try again.) (Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.) _______________________________________________ Epc mailing list Epc@iucr.org http://scripts.iucr.org/mailman/listinfo/epc
Reply to: [list | sender only]
- Re: EPC-L: IUCr journal articles where copyright is not transferred?? (Pete Strickland)
- Prev by Date: Re: EPC-L: update on Nexus CD's for this year
- Next by Date: Your mailing address? Re: EPC-L: update on Nexus CD's for this year
- Prev by thread: Your mailing address? Re: EPC-L: update on Nexus CD's for this year
- Next by thread: Re: EPC-L: IUCr journal articles where copyright is not transferred??