Re: CIF or NOT CIF, (or nothing)

1) Not very keen on ASCII encoding - would presumably increase file sizes.

2) Sounds plausible BUT the actual binary image files will not have any
   defining information within themselves - so back to square 1 or worse
   if the header file gets misplaced.

3) I do not really know what you mean - sorry.

4) In many ways this sounds the best, though would there be problems with
   ftp transfers?

5) Don't give up yet!

John

Andy's 5 options: