Re: [Imgcif-l] Better organization for a named array reference?

For data collection, this would not seem to be a very useful approach,
since a data collection file is most likely to have just one image
of a series of frames with the same structure.

When we move up to more general collections of binary data, there
may be value in allowing an extra layer of identifiers to help
organize things differently, but in view of the current investment
if software to collect data, whatever is added would have to be
optional.  I look forward to seeing details of an approach
that can co-exist with the current scheme, and which would not
cause disruption to mosflm or adxv in processing synchrotron
data.