Re: [Imgcif-l] Problems with mar images at cbf wiki

  • To: Justin Anderson <justin@rayonix.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Imgcif-l] Problems with mar images at cbf wiki
  • From: "Herbert J. Bernstein" <yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Cc: imgcif-l@iucr.org, ana@slac.stanford.edu
That critical listing of the essential agreed minimal set of tags is what
we started discussing at BNL in May.  We should try to make progress on
that set of tags in Osaka, and get it posted on the wiki.

The cbf_construct_detector function is used a lot, and mainly depends in a
completely specified set of axes.  This is very beam-line specific.

   Just reading the first few tags used from the top of the code,
it uses:

   _diffrn.id
   _diffrn_detector.diffrn_id
   _diffrn_detector.id
   _diffrn_detector_element.detector_id
   _diffrn_detector_element.id
   _diffrn_data_frame.detector_element_id
   _diffrn_data_frame.array_id
   _array_structure_list.array_id
   _array_structure_list.precedence
   _array_structure_list.axis_set_id
   _array_structure_list_axis.axis_set_id
   _array_structure_list_axis.axis_id
   _array_structure_list_axis.displacement
   _array_structure_list_axis.displacement_increment

   ... etc.

It comes down to putting the engineering drawings of the detector relative
to the sample and the beamline into the imgCIF in sufficient detail so
that you can algorithmically determine to position of each pixel center.
Starting from the beamline drawings it is a lot of work, but once it is
done, it can be saved in a template file for that beamline and used in
creating all imgCIF data sets until someone changes the physcial setup.

   Regards,
     Herbert