[Imgcif-l] Updates to CBFlib 0.9.0

  • To: imgcif-l@iucr.org
  • Subject: [Imgcif-l] Updates to CBFlib 0.9.0
  • From: "Herbert J. Bernstein" <yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:48:24 -0400 (EDT)
The CBFlib_bleeding_edge svn repository on sourceforge
for the cbflib project has been updated with

1.  The Dectris template code by Eric Eikenberry
2.  To hook the pycbftests code to the general test code to
help ensure that people have working python bindings

A quick and dirty tarball is available at

http://downloads.sf.net/cbflib/CBFlib-0.9.0-23Jun10.tar.gz

If you download this variant of CBFlib 0.9.0 and do

make tests

The tests will now verify the dectris template code and run the
pycbf tests after running the usual C and fortran tests.

The dectris code was added under examples/dectris_cbf_template_test

To test the Dectris code seperately

make dectristests

Out thanks to Eric Eikenberry and Graeme Winter  for contributing this
code to the CBFlib kit.  The HOWTO in the kit says:

Disclaimer:  Although every effort has been made to make the CBF header
template system reliable, robust and easy to use, it will easily create
image files that cannot be opened by any application.  Please do **not**
contact us if this happens to you.

That means you should not write to Eric or Graeme is you have such
problems.  I would  appreciate it if you would contact me instead, so
we can resolve such problems and make a useful tool even more useful.

We hope to make a cleaned up version of this release the default relase
as 0.9.1 in a few more weeks.

Regards,
   Herbert

P.S.  When you do the fullblown make tests, the detristests com after the
sauter_test and has run properly if you see:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -D_USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED -fno-strict-aliasing -I
./examples/dectris_cbf_template_test   \

./examples/dectris_cbf_template_test/cbf_template_t.c -o
bin/cbf_template_t
(cd ./examples/dectris_cbf_template_test; ../../bin/cbf_template_t; diff
-a -u cbf_test_orig.out /tmp/cbf_test.out)
/tmp/cbf_test.out was written

That is followed by the pycbftests