[Imgcif-l] renaming a data block?

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I would rename a data block using CBFlib?

The situation is that I am reading in a template CBF file that
contains some extra categories  (eg, to describe a beamline, or
goniometer)
This file must have a data block and this becomes the working data
block.
I am then adding  our own categories (detector and data collection
parameters) to this data block and/or replacing nominal values with
dynamically generated values.  I then want to write out the CBF file.

I want the data block written out to have a name specified by the
program, not the name in the template file.
I seem to be able to replace anything else (categories, and values),
but not the data block name.

Actually, I would like it to be more flexible.  The purpose for which
I use the template file is to allow the user to either 1) add
additional categories and columns to our nominal CBF header data or 2)
to override our internally generated values.   I want the data block
name to behave the same way, but it cannot because the template file
must have a data block name and this always overrides my internal name.

Thanks for any ideas.

Michael

PS - Herb - I sent a request through the sourceforge mail system to be
added as a developer so that I can post some files.  Maybe you didn't
ge the email?
Michael L. Blum                    Toll Free: 877-627-XRAY (627-9729)
Rayonix, LLC                        Tel: 847-869-1548
1880 Oak Avenue                 Fax: 847-869-1587
Evanston, IL  60201              Email: blum@rayonix.com
USA                                       WWW: www.rayonix.com