RE: Simple file header

Andy Hammersley wrote:

># This line starting with a '#' is a CIF and CBF comment line,

So we can take our existing headers and prepend '#' to every line and
we are almost ready to go.  I like it.

>_array_element_size.size        # ???? Is this allowable. Here I'm
>                                # mixing items from different categories
>                                # inside the same loop, to avoid having
>                                # to define the indexes again. Putting
>                                # this all in one loop seems best to me.
>image_1    1      768    1    increasing    100.5e-6
>image_1    2      512    2    decreasing     99.5e-6

Presumably 100.5e-6 by 99.5e-6 is the nominal pixel size in meters.

># The '###_START_OF_BIN' identifier is in fact 32 bytes long and contains
># bytes to separate the "ASCII" lines from the binary data, bytes to
># try to stop the listing of the header, bytes which define the binary
># identifier which should be set to 1 to match the 'binary_id' defined
># in the header, and bytes which define the length of the binary
># section. In this case the length of the binary section is simply
># 768*512*2 = 786432 bytes (or more, if for some reason the binary
># section is made delibrately bigger than the binary data stored).
>
>###_START_OF_BIN

Help me out please.  What are the 32 bytes again?  Also, the length of
the binary section was computed, but wasn't there supposed to be a length
identifier?  I think it would be difficult to compute the size of compressed
binary data from any info in a header.  Or do we just read until
'###_END_OF_BIN'?  Or until '<cr> <lf>###_END_OF_BIN'?  Or until ...?

Jim