CBFlib 0.7.2.1 and imgCIF 1.1.3

We are pleased to announce the start of a 45 day comment period on a
proposed update to the imgCIF/CBF dictionary:

   http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF/doc/cif_img_1.1.3.html

This is a dictionary of extensions to the mmCIF dictionary of particular
value in handling synchrotron image data.  This version of the dictionary
adds the ability to specify coupled axes, new tags for polarization and
crossfire,  improved examples, and several technical corrections.  Our
thanks to P. Ellis, R. Sweet, J. Westbrook, H. Powell and W. Li for their
contributions.

In addition, thanks to the efforts of Paul Ellis, we have an updated API,
CBFlib_0.7.2.1, which provides new higher-level calls which greatly
simplify the process of creating imgCIF/CBf data sets.  See

    http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF/

and

    http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF/doc/CBFlib.html

We would appreciate community comments, corrections and suggestions between
now and Friday 22 June 2001.  Depending on the outcome of this comment
period, we would hope to submit an updated dictionary and API to IUCr
COMCIFS in early July.

Please direct your comments to the imgCIF/CBFlist at:

   imgcif-l@bnl.gov

or you may send "off-line" comments about the dictionary to any of the
members of the imgCIF DWG

  Herbert J. Bernstein (yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com)
  Robert M. Sweet (sweet@bnl.gov)
  John Westbrook (jwest@rcsb.rutgers.edu)

or about the API to

  Paul Ellis (ellis@SLAC.Stanford.EDU) or
  Herbert J. Bernstein (yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com)

****                BERNSTEIN + SONS
*   *       INFORMATION SYSTEMS CONSULTANTS
****     P.O. BOX 177, BELLPORT, NY 11713-0177
*   * ***
**** *            Herbert J. Bernstein
  *   ***     yaya@bernstein-plus-sons.com
 ***     *
  *   *** 1-631-286-1339    FAX: 1-631-286-1999