RE: Helical Form factor

I am forwarding this reply from John Blackwell. We are working with new
list server procedures installed by the IUCr web guys and there may be
a little more "operator training" needed :).
From: John Blackwell <jxb6@po.cwru.edu>
Date: November 5, 2003 10:23:56 AM EST
To: Discussion list for the Small-Angle Scattering community
<sa_scat@iucr.org>
Subject: Re: helical ribbon

Scattering by a continuous helix was the starting point for prediction
of
the scattering by helical molecules: Cochran Crick  and Vand, Acta
Crystallogr. 1953.

This is for an infinitessimally thick ribbon and one would need to
convolute
this with the necessary function to allow for the thickness of the
ribbon.

John Blackwell
Leonard Case Jr. Professor
Deaprtment of Macromolecular Science