Re: [SA_scat] about RAT and Fixed tube x-ray generator

Dear Dr Suresh,
 In my view fixed tube x-ray generator is best
for stability and high resolution.
Thanking you.
> Hi,
>
> I am interested to learn about merits and demerits of
present generation
> Rotating Anode Target (RAT) x-ray generator
for SAXS in transmission
> geometry. I
> heard that beam
stability of x-rays produced by RAT is very poor due to
> that it

> hampers the resolution of SAXS and it consumes huge power.
>

> Advances in fixed tube x-ray generators
coupled with advanced x-ray
> mirrors
> produces high
brilliance x-rays. is this flux density really comparable
> with

> modern RAT x-ray generators.
>
> With your
experience, which x-ray generator is best, RAT or fixed tube.

> With best regards and your advise is greatly acknowledged.
>
> Suresh

> by Cyberoam based UTM at NIT, Rourkela. If your mail still
contains virus
> forward it to "spam@nitrkl.ac.in"

This email was sent using NIT Rourkela Webmail.
"NIT Rourkela - Orissa "
http://www.nitrkl.in/
This mail has been scanned by Cyberoam based UTM at NIT, Rourkela. If your mail still contains virus forward it to "spam@nitrkl.ac.in"