The CIF BNF

  • Subject: The CIF BNF
  • From: Nick Spadaccini <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:26:34 +0100 (BST)

Following the flurry of queries (some months ago), I have re-written the
BNF for CIF (I am yet to do it for STAR) and would like comments and feed
back please.

I went back through all of the discussions we had about what was missing,
what was confusing and what was wrong, and believe I have covered all of
the issues.

Please read it at

www.cs.uwa.edu.au/star/cif-bnf.html

There are comments (on a yellow background) added in for the purposes of
clarification. Annotations (on a blue background) contain several rules
within the specification that cannot be contained within a BNF
description.

cheers

Nick

Dr Nick Spadaccini
Department of Computer Science              voice: +(61 8) 9380 3452
University of Western Australia               fax: +(61 8) 9380 1089
Nedlands, Perth,  WA  6907                 email: nick@cs.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                        web: http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~nick